This Fresh Spicy Mango Salsa recipe is near and dear to my heart during the summer time! It tastes so fresh and goes perfectly on just about anything. The mango adds a sweetness, yet the fresh jalapeño gives this homemade salsa a slight kick.
My boyfriend and I once went to Cozumel, Mexico and we experienced the BEST salsa we’ve both ever had! They made it fresh right in front of us and ever since then, it’s my favorite way to make it.
How to make Fresh Spicy Mango Salsa:
This recipe is super easy to make and sure to impress all your guests at your next Taco Tuesday or grill out. Enjoy this salsa on top of tacos, chicken, salmon, burgers or eat it straight out of the bowl! We love to devour this Fresh Spicy Mango Salsa with a bag of blue corn tortilla chips. It never lasts long over here!
- Mango- Mango is delicious and not to mention, it is SO good for you. It has high Vitamin C levels and helps control high cholesterol levels. Sounds good to me!
- Peppers- I like to use a jalapeño and a red pepper in this recipe. They both add a really nice pop of color and the spice pairs perfectly with my Minty Blood Orange Margarita.
- Fresh corn off the cob- My favorite way to eat corn is raw straight off the cob. *gasp* I know, but it adds the best crunch to any salad or salsa!
- Cilantro- If you’re on the few that thinks cilantro tastes like soap, I’m truly so sorry. We love cilantro over here and this part is totally up to you on how much you want to add! I mean, is there really a limit to how much we can add?
- Red onion- I love the zing that the onion has to offer in this Fresh Spicy Mango Salsa.
- Garlic powder- I’ve made this dish with both garlic powder and fresh minced garlic. Both are equally delicious to me, but for quick prep, I just use the powder in this recipe! But hey, if you want to use 2 fresh garlic cloves minced, I’m so here for it!
- Pinch of sea salt- My favorite flakey sea salt in the whole wide world is Maldon that you can order on Amazon!
- Fresh lime juice- Always fresh, ladies and gentlemen. It makes a huge difference to me in taste and is way better for you! You can’t beat whole foods.
- Avocado- Would it really be fresh salsa without a perfectly ripe avocado? Glad we all agree on this!
But what if I don’t like spice?
That is TOTALLY fine! The best thing about this Fresh Spicy Mango Salsa is that you can really customize it to exactly what you like. If you don’t love spice, then you can cut back on the jalapeños or just keep them out altogether. I promise it will still taste so fresh and delicious!
Spicy Mango Salsa
- 1 mango diced
- ¼ red onion diced
- 1-2 jalapeños diced *seeds optional
- ½ red bell pepper diced
- 1 corn ear remove corn off cob with a knife for salsa
- 1 small handful of cilantro finely chopped
- 1½ limes juiced
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 avocado diced
- Add all ingredients to a bowl except the avocado.
- Mix well and allow to marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes (if you can wait that long) so the flavors can mingle.
- Before serving, mix in the diced avocado. Enjoy!